Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pride in Competition

Happy November Everyone!
I wanted to take a moment to write to you all and encourage you and your family to sign up for the North Reading Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. The race will begin at the Ipswich River Park at 8:00 am which is plenty early enough to get back to the house and get ready for your Thanksgiving Meal!
Running a 5k is a great way to stay motivated to run competitively or a fun activity to do with a group of friends. I find it difficult to motivate myself to run alone but when you are surrounded but hundreds of people, these races can be a lot of fun! I hope that you will have time Thanksgiving morning to participate in what can be a great family activity! I just registered myself and my wife, which means that little Noah will be there in his SECOND EVER 5k Road Race. I look forward to seeing you all there!
Still Not MOTIVATED??? Two incentives!!! First, the school with the largest percentage of participants will receive 100 dollars toward fitness equipment for P.E. SECONDLY, the Hood School Class with the MOST participants will win 1 HOUR of EXTRA P.E. time!
Really, you have three motivations. The Pride of competing against the other schools and winning, an extra hour of P.E. and most importantly a great opportunity to get out and be active with your family!

I cannot wait to see you all there!

Mr. Q

No comments:

Post a Comment